This web site (“Site”) is owned and operated by Internet and Psychiatry (“Internet and Psychiatry,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
This Site also collects information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are anonymous, unique alphanumeric identifiers sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie being stored on your computer is specific to your computer. We use “session” cookies to collect information about your use of the Site. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. We use “persistent” cookies to give you a more personalized browsing experience and help you navigate the Site more efficiently.
We collect and use, and may from time to time supply third parties with, this information only as anonymous, aggregated user data for the purposes of usage analysis, quality control and administering and improving the Site.
You can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether by accessing your browser’s preferences menu. If you choose to disable cookies altogether, you can use the Site but will not be able to make use of any advanced personalization features of the Site, although the basic features and functionality of the Site will be possible to use.
Collection of Personal Information
We sometimes request users of the Site to provide personal information. The information collected from a user is strictly voluntary and may include contact information such as the user’s name, e-mail address, and postal address.
In order to access certain content and to make use of the full functionality and advanced personalization of the Site such as “Member Area”, we ask you to register and obtain a personal Username and Password. You may be prompted to register when you choose: “Create an Account” or logon.
The information collected from the registration form that is presented to users when they choose to register may include contact information such as the user’s name and e-mail address (“Registration Information”). The Registration Information is linked directly to a personal Username and Password chosen by the user and can only be retrieved by supplying the correct Username and Password that is linked to that account.
How Personal Information Is Used
We use the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
- Completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as responding to your requests or inquiries;
- Web site and system administration, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of Site activity by the Site or its agents;
- Tailoring or customizing content or design of the Site during a single visit to the Site and individualized personalization of the Site on repeat visits;
- Research and development to enhance, evaluate and improve the Site and our services;
- Pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting; and
- Communicating with you about changes or updates to the Site and our services and, with your consent, special offers, promotions or market research surveys.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Access to your personal information is restricted to our the Internet and Psychiatry staff and service providers, such as our data processing, printing and fulfillment operations.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without your consent except under the following circumstances:
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law; and
- if Internet and Psychiatry, this Site or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain the personal information we collect from you for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove the data by contacting our Privacy Department at the address or telephone number detailed below.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We recognize that your privacy is important to you, and therefore we endeavor to keep your personal information confidential. The personal and demographic information about each user is stored on servers that are behind a firewall and physically housed within a secured data center. Furthermore, our internal practices help protect your privacy by limiting employee access to and use of personal information. However, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that your personal information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alterations, and do not accept any liability for the security of the personal information submitted to us nor for your or third parties’ use or misuse of personal information.
Questions, Complaints, and Dispute Resolution